zondag 29 april 2018

Where to go?

While Bert and Aicha were running up and down the stairs in the provincial palace in Tiznit between the different layers of bureaucracy to get funding for the 'Reunion' of the Friends of Iligh, I was in Ireland and didn't have a clou what went on. During my stay in Polranny Bert and I had had contact via Skype every Tuesday about the graphic story. But since Bert had left for Morocco we had only occasionally spoken to each other. I knew about the disaster that had befallen Iligh and the desperation of Bert how that would effect the arrival of the international crew of experts. I didn't know about the effort of Bert and Aisha to work out Plan B. My flight from Dublin to Agadir would be on March 21 in the middle of the night. I would to take a taxi from the airport to Iligh. That was the plan. Next I got a mail from Bert that she had not arranged a taxi and anyway she, Aisha and Annie Wright, the photographer were in Tiznit. The Aboudmiaa also had stated that I couldn't take a taxi in the middle of the night. That was too dangerous and anyway Zhor Rehilhil was supposed to land that morning sometime from Casablanca. I had to come with her to Tiznit. I saw myself spending the night in the carpark of the airport. That didn't bode well. Finally I caught Bert on Skype. She happened to be in Agadir in the Tildi hotel. I asked her to get me a room and a transfer from the airport. She did that. A room with shower was reserved for me as I can't get into and out of a bath anymore. The last time I was in the Tildi I had trouble with it. So far so good. Between the arrival of my train from Castlebar and the flight to Agadir I was going to have to spend a lot of time in Dublin. Time enough to finally make that sketch inside the Galway Hooker. The Galway Hooker is the carvery inside Heuston Station. It is the place for the culchies to wait for the train into the boondogs.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten