zondag 15 april 2018

Meanwhile, back on the ranch

In the meantime, while Bert works her fingers to the bone on the computer to organize the reunion of the Friends of Iligh, I'm back in Polranny, Ireland where I'm teaching an art class in a local watering hole: McLouglin's Bar, Achill Sound. Once a week on Tuesday mornings Bert and I Skype about the progress of the Graphic Novel. In October and November I did 29 pages using as text the dairy that Bert wrote while in Iligh. I could hand out these pages to the experts at the meeting at the Leyde University. But then I started to falter. There was so much that went on before Bert started her diary and not in the least how to finish the story after the ending of the diary. Also when in Ireland there were other things that ate up time. The Red Queen in 'Alice in Wonderland' would say: 'Off with his head! He's killing time!' Still we managed during the weekly Skype moments to hammer out a structure. Bert left for Morocco again on February 19th. Just before we managed to send off a grant application for funding the Graphic Novel as a 'Special Journalistic Project'.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten